Kimberly (“Kimber”) Davison serves as Managing Shareholder & Vice President for Griffith Davison, P.C., where she has spent more than twenty-years representing clients in real estate development and commercial construction. Her practice focuses on the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, including guidance on industry promulgated forms such as AIA documents, EJCDC forms, and ConsensusDocs.
She is highly regarded for transactional and contracts work; and holds the distinct advantage of being dual board certified in both Commercial Real Estate and Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Kimber’s clients look to her on all aspects of real estate matters, including acquisitions and dispositions, land use issues, financing and lending documents and corporate matters related thereto.
Her dedication to the Construction & Real Estate community extends beyond just client engagements. She is actively involved in several professional and industry associations and has authored multiple publications on construction law.
Kimber is viewed by clients and peers as one of the best and brightest in her field, and she regularly gives of her time to benefit others. She is the Champion of the North Dallas REAL Professionals Network; and the founder and host of the Monthly Construction Ladies Luncheon.
- Board Certified – Commercial Real Estate – Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified – Construction Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Martindale-Hubbell® – AV® Preeminent™ Peer Rating & Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Chambers & Partners USA – Ranked as a leader in the field of Construction Law
- Managing Shareholder & Vice President – Griffith Davison
- Dallas 500 Most Influential Business Leaders in Dallas-Fort Worth – D CEO Magazine (2021)
- Best Lawyers® The Best Lawyers in America (2017-2022)
- Texas Super Lawyers (2013-2021)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas – D Magazine (2017)
- Top Attorneys in Texas (2014)
- Charter Fellow – Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Trial Law Institute – Member
- Diversity Law Institute – Member
- Advisory Board of Directors – Community Trust Bank
- REAL Professionals Network – Champion of North Dallas Investor/Developer Group
- American Bar Association
- Member – Forum on Construction Law
- TEXO (North Texas Associated General Contractors / Associated Builders and Contractors)
- Board of Directors (2019-2022)
- Legal Advisory Committee / Governmental Affairs Committee
- 2019 Task Force on Subcontracts
- Women’s Forum Leadership Committee
- Founder & Host – Monthly Construction Ladies Luncheon
- Organization for women in the construction industry; each monthly lunch consists of a paper and speech on a relevant construction/real estate law topic
- CBRE – Last Tuesday Networking Group – invitation-only Member
- The Real Estate Council – Member
- Lifetime Member of the Baylor Law Review
- State Bar of Texas
- Council Member – Construction Law Section (2009 – 2012)
- Member – Real Estate Law Section, Construction Law Section, Corporate Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- Member – Real Estate Section, Construction Law Section, Corporate Law Section
- College of the State Bar of Texas – Member
- Women Construction Owners & Executives – Member
- Law in the City (Organization of Women Law Partners) – Host Committee
- State Bar of Texas – Construction Law Section Conference
- “Oddities in the Anti-Indemnity Statute” (March 2020)
- The Purchase Order: The Document that Gets the Sticks and Bricks to the Project (March 2012)
- American Bar Association – Forum on Construction Law
- Kimberly A. Davison and Jason L. Cagle, Third-Party Claims, in Green Building and the Construction Lawyer: A Practical Guide to Transactional and Litigation Issues (Melissa A. Beutler, et al. ed. 2014)
- 2010-2011 Construction Case Law and Legislation Update (Contributing Author, April 2011)
- Dallas Bar Association – Construction Law Section
- ConsensusDOCS (August, 2011) (Author and Speaker)
- A New Relationship: The Contractor and Project Lender (May, 2009) (Author and Speaker)
- Dallas Bar Association – Headnotes
- Construction Indemnification after the Anti-Indemnification Statute (August, 2014)
- The Rules Have Changed: The Texas Contingent Payment Statute (March, 2008)
- GC / Specialty – Contract Assessment Tool (January 2020)
- Risk Management- Construction Contracts (September, 2012)
- Dotting Your I’s…Insurance and Indemnity in 2012 (October, 2011 – Spring 2012)
- The New Employer Laws for 2009 (Winter 2009)
- Land and Construction News of Texas – Articles
- Protecting the Corporate Veil (2008)
- Investors & Buyers Beware! Mineral Rights Issues (Fall 2008)
Areas of Focus
- Vanderbilt University
- B.S., 1991
- Baylor University School of Law
- J.D., 1994
- Research Editor, Baylor Law Review
- State Bar of Texas in 1994
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
Testimonials & Reviews
Kimberly Davison has widely recognized expertise in construction-related transactional and contractual matters, especially in the commercial and residential development sectors.
"She is a great negotiator who always looks out for our best interests and she's available any time of the day or night."
"Kimberly is the best lawyer I know when it comes to giving our team a playbook on how to handle potential bear traps in contracts."
– Chambers USA 2021
Scott and Kimber of Griffith Davison have been part of our team at Scott + Reid for 25 years. We trust their advice and consider their services vital to our business.
- Brad Reid - President, Scott + Reid General Contractors
We have worked with Kimberly Davison at Griffith Davison for at least fifteen years. She is awesome with contract negotiation. She is like family to our company and is a true business partner.
- Steve Bruszer - President, Spring Valley Construction, LP
Kimberly Davison has widely recognized expertise in construction-related transactional and contractual matters, especially in the commercial and residential development sectors. Clients say: "She is a great negotiator and always looks out for our best interests, allowing us to make business decisions based on her recommendations."
- Chambers USA
I have worked with Kimberly Davison for over 20 years. She is Best of Class! They provide our firm with outstanding service and responsiveness as they engage to shield us from liabilities.
- Ken Newman Holt Lunsford Commercial
Kimberly Davison is recognized for her transactional practice, negotiating design and construction contracts involving entertainment facilities, retail developments and mixed-use high rises. Commentators describe her as a "great negotiator" and "responsive, thoughtful and immensely qualified in construction and real estate law."
- Chambers USA
Griffith Davison and its lawyers have served Prism Electric and me personally for a number of years. They have always done top-notch work, and I would recommend them to anyone. In addition to being good lawyers, they are good people.
- Blake Combs - President, Prism Electric, Inc.
Griffith Davison team is always a great representation on our behalf.
- Christopher Scott - CEO, Scott + Reid General Contractors
Griffith Davison has represented my company and me well and seem to always be able to achieve above average results.
- Blake Combs - President, Prism Electric, Inc.
Kimberly Davison has widely recognized expertise in construction-related transactional and contractual matters, especially in the commercial and residential development sectors. One client said, "She's a great negotiator who always looks out for our best interests."
- Chambers USA 2022 Review