Patrick (“Pat”) Mulry handles a broad array of matters involving construction defect litigation and arbitration. His clients include owners, architects, suppliers, and contractors throughout the State of Texas. Pat specializes in high-stakes construction defect cases with complex questions of liability, typically involving multiple parties and deeply interwoven issues of causality and responsibility.
Clients appreciate Pat’s deep understanding of construction law and the related building practices and processes. He is known for his ability to expose key technical facts during examination. On any given day, it is likely that Pat will be either persuading a court of his client’s position, taking or defending a deposition, attending a site inspection, or collaborating with subject matter experts to uncover what is causing a particular construction defect allegation, and then determining how to minimize any negative effect on his client. Pat is also a trained mediator, a skill set he frequently employs on behalf of clients, and at home among his three-daughters.
His interests outside of the office include being the owner of an automotive racing team and being a certified open water diver—hobbies which he hopes never intersect. Pat is also a certified welder and enjoys a variety of building projects. He was privileged to help build dozens of houses through his work with Habitat for Humanity. And to his continuing bewilderment, he once turned down an opportunity to become a roadie for U2 in order to attend law school.
Pat is a member of the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law, State Bar of Texas Construction Law Section, Dallas Bar Association Construction Law Section, TEXO, and is a Fellow with the Construction Lawyers Society of America. He is also a member of the inaugural class of attorneys who are Board Certified in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Board Certified – Construction Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Super Lawyers – Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney, 2021
- Listed in Best Lawyers® The Best Lawyers in America 2023
- Certified Mediator
- Construction Law Society of America – Member
- American Bar Association – Member, Forum on Construction Law
- State Bar of Texas – Member, Construction Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Construction Law Section
- Co-Chair, DBA Home Project Benefitting Dallas-Area Habitat for Humanity, 2001-02
- Defense Research Institute
- Member, Construction Law Leadership Steering Committee
- Newsletter Editor for “The Critical Path”
- TEXO (North Texas Associated General Contractors / Associated Builders and Contractors) – Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association – President’s Award of Merit, 2005
- The Basic Course in Texas Construction Law
- Theories of Liability Against Architects and Engineers (2017)
- International Roofing Expo
- Defending Your Work: Inexpensive Strategies for Multiplying Profit by Minimizing Legal Exposure (2015)
- National Business Institute
- Collecting Commercial Debts Effectively in Texas: From Small Claims to Post-Judgement Remedies (2004)
- Wabash College
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Political Science, 1994
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law
- Juris Doctor, Law 1997
- Managing Editor, Computer Law Review & Technology Journal, 1997
- State Bar of Texas in 1997
- All U.S. District & Bankruptcy Courts in Texas
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Testimonials & Reviews
“Pat Mulry has been there for us when things are going well, but more importantly when things take an unexpected turn and the chips were down. He helps us to minimize our risk and to get the most we can out of every project. Every general contractor should have lawyers like Pat and his team at Griffith Davison.” – Jon Standley, President, MDG Construction
Pat Mulry has been a great support for our company. We have slept better at night knowing our case was in his hands. – Scott Lee, General Counsel, Jayco Hawaii, Inc.