Joshua’s practice is focused on representing contractors, developers, and owners in construction, real estate, and general business disputes. He has extensive deposition and trial experience, as well as motion practice.
An experienced trial lawyer, Joshua has successfully represented clients in state and federal courts across the country. He has handled all aspects of litigation—from pre-litigation counseling and initiation of a lawsuit to giving opening and closing statements before a jury. Joshua excels at telling his client’s story in clear and persuasive terms.
Recognizing that client goals can vary, Joshua places an emphasis on tailoring his approach to each client’s specific needs. This approach allows him to achieve the stated objectives in a cost-effective manner while also minimizing disruption to their business.
Joshua believes in service to the community as well as his clients. He enlisted and served with the Texas Army National Guard after high school and was later deployed to Egypt as part of a multi-national peacekeeping force. After graduating from college, he served with Teach for America for two years, where he taught social studies in a low-income and high-needs public school in Denver, Colorado. He is an active member of his church and continues to serve in the community.
A native Texan, Joshua grew up in Wichita Falls, Texas, and is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and the University of Texas School of Law. Outside of the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two boys, cooking, working on home renovation projects, and reading.
- State Bar of Texas (2017)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- Dallas Bar Association – Member
- TEXO (North Texas Associated General Contractors / Associated Builders and Contractors) – Member
- Texas Army National Guard, Sinai, Egypt – Non-Commissioned Officer: Sergeant (E-5), 2002-2008
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® 2024
Areas of Focus
- The University of Texas School of Law
- Juris Doctor 2017
- Transactional Negotiations Competition: 1st Place
- Student Member – Asian Law Students Association and Texas Business Law Society
- The University of Texas
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors 2010