Chris Atwell is a partner in the firm’s Austin office. His practice spans over thirty years and focuses on complex transactional and commercial real estate matters. Chris has extensive experience representing financial institutions, large and small companies, and high-wealth individuals.
He frequently handles probate, trust and estate issues, the formation of real estate investment entities, commercial loan documentation, and a variety of real estate and corporate transactions. Chris believes in cost-effective representation and the ethical pursuit of achieving client objectives.
Chris grew up in Dallas and has practiced there, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and Austin. Chris obtained his Juris Doctor from Southern Methodist University School of Law in 1991 and began his practice at a boutique litigation firm in Dallas. In addition to being licensed in Texas, Chris is also licensed and regularly represents clients in the State of Colorado.
Outside of the office Chris enjoys spending time with his family, participating in outdoor sports such as skiing and road cycling, and cheering on the Longhorns during football and basketball seasons.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Colorado Bar Association
- Northwest Colorado Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
- TEXO (North Texas Associated General Contractors / Associated Builders and Contractors)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Distinguished™ Peer Rating
- Routt County United Way – Former Board Member (Pro Bono)
- Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club – Former Board Member (Pro Bono)
- Boys & Girls Club of Austin (Pro Bono)
- Constitutional Challenges to Court Appointment: Increasing Recognition of an Unfair Burden, 44 SW L.J. 1229 (1990)
- Furman University
- B.A. magna cum laude 1988
- Southern Methodist University School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 1991
- Editor of Southwestern Law Journal, 1990-1991
- State Bar of Texas 1991
- Colorado Supreme Court 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado