Brian O’Toole is a Partner in the Austin office. His practice is focused on business litigation, as well as construction matters. He regularly handles cases involving issues such as shareholder or partner disputes, real estate matters, and contract disputes. Brian has represented clients in the Austin business community for over twenty-five years.
In addition to being Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Brian is also a former Certified Public Accountant. This unique combination of skills and expertise has positioned him well to serve clients in litigation matters involving complex accounting and financial transactions.
Brian has also participated as lead litigation and counsel in contested administrative proceedings with The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, The Texas Lottery Commission, The Racing Commission, The Texas Department of Banking, and The Texas Public Utility Commission.
When he’s not in the office, Brian enjoys spending time with family and riding his bicycle. An avid road cyclist, he often commutes to and from the office on his bike.
- Board Certified – Civil Trial – Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- TEXO (North Texas Associated General Contractors / Associated Builders and Contractors)
- Texas Super Lawyer (2014-2022)
Areas of Focus
- University of Oklahoma
- B.B.A. 1987
- Professional Associations and Memberships – State of Florida 1988
- Certified Public Accountant
- Southern Methodist University School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 1991
- State Bar of Texas 1991
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit