Brad Smith is an accomplished construction and business litigation attorney with experience representing clients in commercial construction disputes, complex business litigation, contract disputes, and large-loss subrogation matters. Clients appreciate Brad’s aggressive but strategic approach to litigation and his focus on finding both effective and efficient ways to resolve cases. Brad’s ability to communicate and simplify complex legal issues allows him to advise clients with thoughtful and concise legal solutions, risk analysis, and litigation strategy.
Brad has represented both plaintiff and defendant in state and federal courts across the country, providing him with the depth of knowledge and experience that make him a reliable and trusted advisor to his clients. Brad has successfully represented clients in matters varying from small to bet-the-company litigation and has recovered in excess of $13 million for his clients in large-loss subrogation matters throughout the United States.
Outside of work Brad likes to restore old cars, tackle home improvement projects, attend live music concerts, and spend quality time with his family.
- TEXO (North Texas Associated General Contractors / Associated Builders and Contractors) – Member
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- CLM – Member
- State Bar of Texas – Member, Construction & Insurance Law Sections
- Dallas Bar Association – Member, Construction Law Section
- New Appleman on Insurance Law – Co-Author – “Amount Recoverable in Subrogation”
Areas of Focus
- University of Texas
- Bachelor of Science, Advertising, 2002
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law
- Juris Doctor, Law 2009 – Cum Laude
- State Bar of Texas in 2009
- U.S. District Courts in Texas