Few construction lawyers have the first-hand experience to truly understand the complex issues that their clients face. When Keith was a child, his father started a small site-contracting company near Louisville, Kentucky, with only a tractor and a grader box. That started Keith's love of construction. Over the years, Keith held numerous positions within the family business ranging from general laborer and heavy equipment operator to Vice President and Corporate Counsel. As a result, Keith has grown up, worked in and lived around the construction industry his entire life.
After graduating from law school in 2000, Keith began his legal career representing General Contractors, Subcontractors and Surety companies in all aspects of construction law including litigation, contract drafting and negotiation.
In 2010, Keith and his wife of 17 years relocated to Dallas, Texas, where, for three years, he served as Senior Claims Counsel for a top 10 surety company. While there, he managed contract-payment and performance-bond claims from inception through final disposition providing legal support across multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States.
In 2014, Keith returned to private practice when he joined Griffith Davison's transactional team, where he brings his experience in the construction industry to bear for his clients. Keith is licensed to practice law in both Texas and Kentucky.
Outside of the firm, he likes to cook and travel.
- Board Certified – Construction Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Dallas Bar Association
- Construction Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Forum on Construction Law
- Trial, Tort & Insurance Practice Section – Fidelity & Surety Law
- Section on Dispute Resolution
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Contributor, 50 State Lien Law Handbook, ABA Forum on Construction Law (Timothy C. Ford, et al., ed. 2018)
- State Bar of Kentucky in 2000
- State Bar of Texas in 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Construction Work Experience
- A.L. Heath Construction Co. Inc.
- Vice President and General Counsel – 2005-2008
- University of Louisville
- B.S. Justice Administration; Minor in Psychology - 1995
- University of Louisville – Brandeis School of Law
- J.D., 2000